Welcome to Beleza Beauty Spa
Fernanda Santos is a licensed esthetician, make-up artist, waxer and owner of Beleza Beauty Spa in Midtown Manhattan, right in the heart of New York City. Beleza Beauty Spa offers the best of Brazilian beauty to men and woman who regularly indulge in high-quality pampering with the finest organic ingredients. Fernanda Santos is in the business of your personal care.
Born and raised in Natal, Brazil, a city known for its natural beauty, Fernanda was inspired by her homeland and the family business of beauty. Her passion for the beauty business grew by watching her grandmother work at the family Salon in Brazil. Fernanda developed a special affinity for make-up, waxing, skin and body care. With her mother’s encouragement, she decided to pursue her dream offering authentic Brazilian beauty secrets to clients in the US.
After high-profile apprenticeships within the beauty industry in New York City, Fernanda’s entrepreneurial vision came to fruition in 2012 when she opened Beleza Beauty Spa. Her personal philosophy embraces the art of technology and nature, focusing on the beauty in all of us. Fernanda’s unique approach to Brazilian beauty has become a favorite among her celebrity clientele and continues to rate well among her most loyal customers. Her clients experience personal one-on- one attention while every expectation is fulfilled.
According to CBS News’ recent article, Beleza Beauty Spa is one of the top 5 waxing houses in New York City.
Fernanda specializes in painless authentic Brazilian wax, signature facials, nail treatments and body care.
She’s also a certified mixologist and retailer of the award-winning Eminence skin care line, the preeminent skin care line in Hungary.
Experience the best of authentic Brazilian Beauty secrets with Fernanda Santos. Book your appointment today
Some cool tips and benefits of Waxing
Here are some of our tips of how to get the best preparation and post preparation of your Brazilian wax, facial wax or body wax:
It is best to allow around 3-4 weeks between waxing and/or shaving. Roughly a quarter of an inch of hair growth is required for bikini, legs and underarms.
In cases where your body hair is very long, it is best to trim it down so that the waxing is more comfortable. If you are unsure about the length of hair, our technicians will trim it for you, but it is always better a bit longer than for it to be too short.
You may want to take a pain relieving pill about an hour before your waxing so as to temporarily reduce pain and sensitivity.
It is not suggested that you use peels (glycolic, AHA, etc.) or dermabrasion on the waxing area under any circumstances for up to 24 hours prior to receiving a skin wax. Also discuss with your technician if you are taking any medication that may make your skin prone to extra sensitivity.
We suggest you avoid alcohol and caffeine 24 hours before your wax.
Do not use a suntanning bed or go suntanning 24 hours before a body wax.
Tend Skin, PFB and manual exfoliation such as exfoliating gloves are recommended. These types of products will help to avoid ingrown hairs.
Keep the waxed area clean, and try to avoid using harsh clensers or creams for 24 hours after your bodywaxing treatment.
It is important to remove any perfumes or lotions from your skin prior to waxing.
It is best not to exfoliate the skin for 2-3 days after your wax. We suggest you to use Se-Brazil Bye-Bump Green Cream regularly after the procedure to help prevent and treat ingrown hairs. Please ask one of our estheticians for it at the front desk.
Avoid shaving between your waxes, as shaving causes the hairs to become very coarse. Coarse hair can be difficult to wax.
We suggest you wear plain cotton underwear after your waxing procedure, as lace or un-breathable materials can cause irritation in the area.
Trust your waxer and relax. Tension can make the experience seem more painful.
Let us take care of you.
You’re going to love it!
- It lasts longer than shaving because it pulls the hair from the roots.
- No cuts or nicks that can leave you with scars, especially if you have the tendency to skin discoloration.
- Waxing makes the hair grow slower and finer than shaving.
- Waxing produces smoother results because hair is pulled from the root.
- Waxing will make your skin feel smoother longer without feeling itchy, because of slower hair regrowth.
- Contrary to popular belief, waxing is not always painful. if you do it right, it is almost pain-free.
- Waxing is fast and convenient.
- Wax is much cheaper than laser.
- Laser disables hair follicles only. By disable this means makes them dormant (go to sleep). This is known as the ‘telogen’ phase (the dormant/sleep phase). Depending on where the follicles that produce the hair are they will ‘wake up’ from this phase and start producing new hairs. I have heard clients complain about spending a lot of money on laser hair removal and over the years got the hairs partially back so they end up had to start shaving or waxing again.
- Laser can be more painful than wax.
- Considering that the body and elasticity of the skin can really change when we grow older, by waxing the unwanted hairs you have the option of having some hair growing back down there later in life over having it laser removed.
- Three of the most common serious side effects of laser hair removal are acne, skin burn and skin discoloration.
- Laser does not work for everyone. To have laser hair removal done the area to receive the treatment has to be shaved. Some facial hair can get thick and dark after shaving. If laser hair removal doesn’t work as expected, the hairs will be like that permanently.
- Wax can be done on all skin tones and types including dark and sensitive ones. Laser does not work well on light-colored hair, red hair, grey hair, white hair, as well as fine hair of any color.
Our Spa gives you an extreme level of Relaxation
Come Relax While We Work Our “Magic” On You!